Anti-Harassment & Discrimination Policy
Oannes Swims operates under the Ontario Human Rights Code and believes in tolerance, diversity so that every person(s) - defines as athletes, members, coaches, trainers, coworkers, administration, temporary, casual and contract staff, suppliers as well as volunteers - has a right to equal treatment in the provision of services and facilities.
Oannes Swims has a commitment towards condemning any kind of harassment and providing environment free of discrimination, so that person(s) can be treated equally and with dignity. For this reason, Oannes Swims has ZERO TOLERANCE for any kind of harassment and discrimination. Any actions of hatred and discrimination based on the following grounds will not be tolerated and actioned by Coach Kelvin Landolt:
• Creed (religion)
• Sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding)
• Sexual orientation
• Gender identity
• Gender expression
• Place of origin
• Ethnic origin
• Family status
• Marital status (including married, single, widowed, divorced, separated or living in a conjugal relationship outside of marriage, whether in a same-sex or opposite-sex relationship)
• Disability (including mental, physical, developmental or learning disabilities)
• Record of offences (criminal conviction for a provincial offence, or for an offence for which a pardon has been received)
• Political affiliation*
• Level of literacy*
• Association or relationship with a person identified by one of the above grounds
• Perception that one of the above grounds applies.
* These grounds are included in the City of Toronto’s policy, but are not explicitly covered by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
This policy is applied to all the Oannes Swims programs and events that are held within the club and at different locations, camp(s), trip(s) or organization gathering(s).
Any person who experiences such harassment or discrimination, based on the grounds mentioned in the policy statement, can file a complaint to Coach Kelvin Landolt - - so that appropriate measures can be taken.
Oannes Swims takes such complaints very seriously and acts promptly to ensure this anti-harassment and discrimination policy is implemented thoroughly by investigating and documenting any and all incidents and providing a step by step solution or internal process leading to appropriate action.
Anyone and all of the above participants must uphold and abide this policy at all times and cooperate fully in any investigation of harassment or discrimination complaint.
Infractions against or failure to comply with the above policy statement(s) may result in actions, resulting in possible removal from the club program(a), camp(s), event(s) or the club itself permanently without reimbursement of fees and payments.